Our Graduate, Professional, and Doctoral Education Plan
We must dramatically grow and improve graduate education. Not only is it one of our top priorities, it is linked closely to other goals, such as broadening our research base.
Despite a recent dip, we have increased the number of PhD degrees conferred since our journey began. The last few years, however, have seen a decline in the number of master’s and professional degrees granted. As a response, we are focused on placing high-achieving graduate students in new and more competitive assistantships and fellowships, and we have already significantly improved our admissions process, particularly for international students.
- Increase number of PhD degrees awarded
- Increase number of master’s and professional degrees awarded
- Increase graduate student financial support
- Improve graduate student admissions and recruitment
- Expand services for graduate student engagement and success
- Maximize degree offerings through academic collaboration